Travel Advice Covid-19 Update
updated 26 March 2020
Effective from Thursday 26 March, both New Zealand and Australia are under government lockdown for 4 weeks. We’ll be reaching out to affected travellers personally to help them rebook, free of charge on to a new trip in the future for travel during 2020 or up to 30th April 2022, with a travel credit for the amount paid to date.
Once the government restrictions are lifted, all tours will be ready to proceed as scheduled, but of course this remains subject to change and we will continue to closely monitor the situation over the coming days and weeks.
If your trip has been affected and you’re unsure what to do next, we’ve put together some FAQs to help guide you. You can also send us an email and we will get in touch as soon as we can.
COVID-19 FAQs for Travellers
Should I still come to New Zealand or Australia?
Ultimately this is your decision to make. Please bear in mind that both Australia and New Zealand Governments have implemented border controls for all citizens and returning residents and currently, has restricted arrival for visitors.
My tour has been affected, what are my options?
Wild Kiwi would love to have the opportunity to show our guests the best of Australia and New Zealand later in the season or next, so you will be provided with a travel credit for the amount paid to date which can be applied to another tour later in the season or next, to be used on a tour departing prior to 30th April 2022.
If you are ready to change your travel date, please send us an email.
What if I don't know when I can travel again?
If your trip has been affected and you do not have a new travel date in mind, don't worry we can help. We are currently allowing all tours departing from now until August 2020 to choose a new travel date so just update us when you are ready. If we haven’t heard from you, we will send you a reminder closer to this deadline. If in doubt, please get in touch and we will try to find a solution for you.
Can I change my start date?
Yes - if your trip has been affected directly or your departure date is before 31 August 2020, we will allow you to change your current tour date to later in the season or next. Please get in touch with the team when you have a new date.
Are there fees associated with changing the trip?
There are no fees to move your current booking to a future date if your trip has been affected.
My tour has not been affected, but I want to cancel my trip for later this year - what are my options?
At this stage, all trips scheduled to depart New Zealand from 1 May 2020 are going ahead, however, we are currently allowing all tours departing from now until August 2020 to choose a new travel date. Just get in touch and we can work with you on your available options. We will promptly update you if this position changes.