Packing For Your Wild Kiwi Adventure
New Zealand’s weather is ever-changing…as I’m typing this, its almost mid-November and we’ve had nearly 30cm of snow in the South Island (It’s supposed to be Spring!). We recommend that you bring the following on your Wild Kiwi trip so that you can be prepared for whatever New Zealand throws at you.
Pro-tip: New Zealand is known for being an adrenaline haven, so pack a few spare undies 😉
- Walking shoes
- Rain jacket
- Insect repellent
- Camera (I mean this is the most beautiful country in the world)
- Reusable bottle – so that you don’t have to keep buying them
- A good backpack, no traveller is complete without one!
- Don’t forget those adapters folks
- Layers are key!
- Warm jacket – waterproof and windproof are the best for NZ’s balmy weather
- Gloves are always handy 😉
If you’re planning on travelling during winter and don’t have all your thermals and warm winter clothes (perhaps you’re from one of those places that don’t experience winter, Aussies), you can always get kitted out with the best merino on the planet.
- Flip-flops (or jandals as the kiwis say)
- Swimming gear (togs – teaching you the kiwi lingo)
- Summer clothes
- Light jacket (waterproof)
The Crucial Stuff:
- Important documents, visas, airline tickets etc
- ID (or no beer for you)
Photo credit: Lilian Pang